- New: Wild Beasts – “Stray”
Wild Beasts are rewarding their fans this holiday season with an unused cut from their Smother recording sessions, “Stray.” The track may not have wound up on the record, but that doesn’t…
Read more articles like “New: Wild Beasts – “Stray”” on Pretty Much Amazing.
- EMPT Classics: Dub Sonata – Nights In Cuba
Getting the exclusive on Nights In Cuba was one of EMPT’s proudest moments, a true underground classic that has been one of our most popular post to date. Re-enjoy. Originally posted December 20th, 2010 _____ When it comes to music, it’s no secret that out of struggle comes progress and innovation. There’s no greater example […]
- MNDR – Feed Me Diamonds (RAC Remix)
It’s snowing outside and I haven’t forgotten what I promised you guys this past summer. I save my favorite tracks of the week for Thursdays, and while I am passionately driven by sound, emotionally moved by each track that I write about, Thursdays are a special day in my life. I wish I could explain […]
- [MP3] Step on Ants – “The Sun and My Own”
♫ Step on Ants – The Sun and My Own
- Who: Diego Ortiz
- What: Instrumental electronic, like NoteOn, Magic Hour, Civil Civic
- Where: Santiago, Chile + Soundcloud
- When: Nothing else yet
- Why: If you thought Dangerous Cans was under the radar, then welcome to Step On Ants. The Santiago, Chile, based project of Diego Ortiz has exactly 1 song produced and 100% of its listens on Last.fm are mine. But I’m ready to share. That is, if you are into
… continue reading
- [MP3] Dangerous Cans – “Feel Something”
something feels different with you
♫ Dangerous Cans – Feel Something
- Who: That guy in that tiny circle.
- What: Spaced-out electro-indie, like Toro Y Moi, Egyptian Hip Hop, Blackbird Blackbird
- Where: Brooklyn + Facebook
- When: Singles dropping.
- Why: This is a jam that takes you for a ride. From the crunching beat and pulsing grooves to the surprising yet beautiful piano solo towards the end. It’s a song that earns it’s name, also earning Dangerous Cans a spot on my radar.
… continue reading
- [Chill] How To Dress Well – & It Was U (Video)
A few months ago, Tom Krell, aka How To Dress Well, put out his stellar sophomore album Total Loss. Emotionally exhausting and soulful down to the very last note, it’s certainly one of the high points record-wise this year. One of its standouts track is “& It Was U,” a bouncy, 90′s R&B vibin’ jam, and here is its official music video directed by Luke Gilford.
- TEGAN AND SARA – Closer (Xristo Remix)
More stable than Deadmau5 & Kat Von D’s latest “Twitter” engagement proposal, Xristo lights up the sparks and lets off one hearty Tegan And Sara firework. Classy… Download the 320 kbps version of TEGAN AND SARA – Closer (Xristo Remix) HERE. TEGAN AND SARA – Closer (Xristo Remix)
- ELUUSIF x KELIS x MORD FUSTANG
Making Kelis sound even more cooler than she already is, Eluusif continues the mince pie and mini chocolate spirit through his latest ‘AcaWaker Mashup.’ Let’s pray to God that the same common sense that was used to create this evidently useful mashup – hits R&B / pop singer Rihanna square between her eyes soon; in […]
- ATO RECORDS FALL SAMPLER 2012
Going through the motions like a fake, uninterested being of bogus individuality and worldly repeated ignorance, ATO Records 2012 Fall Sampler provides you with a refreshing opposite to an overly used and a misinformed trait of accepted common belief. Striking the ground with a bunch of heavenly rock matches on this sampler, is a couple […]